World University and School Wiki:Copyrights
- Please see Wikia:Licensing for details of the licensing on this wiki.
- Warning! Information below may be outdated or incorrect.
The text of this site is freely licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). Reusers of the content must retain it under the same licence, ensuring it remains free.
Please read the Wikia:Text of the GNU Free Documentation License for full details of this licence.
- Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, with no Front-Cover Texts, and with no Back-Cover Texts.
- A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU Free Documentation License".
GNU Free Documentation License
The GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) is a copyleft license for free content, designed by the Free Software Foundation (FSF).
The GFDL is a "copyleft" license, meaning the content can be copied, modified, and redistributed so long as the new version grants the same freedoms to others and acknowledges the authors of the Wikia page. Wikia content will, therefore, will remain free forever and can be used by anybody subject to certain restrictions, most of which serve to ensure that freedom.
Wikipedia, one of the web's most popular reference works, uses the GFDL. Using the same license as that site makes it easy for Wikia users to reuse the content from Wikipedia. You must adhere to the GFDL when using Wikipedia content.
GFDL or public domain images are strongly preferred on Wikia. Copyright-violating images are subject to deletion. Copyright information must be added to the image description page of every uploaded image. Images and other uploaded files may be available under an alternative free license, or used under fair use guidelines.
For more information, see the following pages on the Central Wikia:
- Wikia:Wikia disclaimers
- Wikia:Designated agent
- Wikia:Multi-licensing: License your own edits under the GFDL plus something else